Do you want to install a tankless water heater yourself? If yes, then it is advisable to take expert advice and eliminate the guesswork. This blog will guide you on how to install an electric tankless water heater. After reading the blog, you will thank us as we will make the entire process easier.
Below is the list of the steps you need to follow to:
Install a Tank Less Water Heater Yourself
Make a note that the electric tankless water heater requires a gas supply line that has a larger diameter. It is important that you consider these things if you are planning to do it on your own.
Find A Special Union Connector
The next step is to find a special union connector set. It is suggested that you ensure using special union connector sets for the water supply as it makes the de-liming process easier and the maintenance process is also less in the future. You will also need to find the correct watt and Amp requirement. It might seem like a difficult step, but you just need to find the watt and volt and divide the watt by volt figure and you will get the right figure of the Amp that you need to install the tankless water heater.
Disconnect The Main Water Line
Prior to installing the electric tankless water heater, make sure you disconnect the main water line.
Turn Off The Supply Line From Old Water Heater
Don’t forget to switch off the supply line from your existing water heater system. You just need to unplug the water heater.
Make Preparation For The New Tankless Water Heater
The next step is to make the preparation for the new tankless water heater. You just have to unpack it and read the manual thoroughly.
Read The Manual Thoroughly
Make sure that you read the manual thoroughly before installing the electric tankless water heater. If the manual states to get the installation done by a licensed plumber then ensure that you get done it by a professional. Don’t forget to check the rating plates as it displays the watt and voltage.
Identify The Location
You have to find the ideal location to install the water heater. Make sure that you choose it carefully as there should be sufficient space around the location.
Mount The Heater
Before you mount the electric tankless water heater, make sure that you read the instructional manual properly.
Start Connecting The Water Line
This is one of the steps that is very simple as you just have to connect the water supply line.
Connect The Supply Line
After connecting the water line, you have to connect the supply line to the tankless water heater. If you are installing an electric water heater, then plug in the water heater to the wall.
Light The Pilot On The Water Heater
Follow the guidelines in the manual to light the pilot on the water heater. After completing the installation, you will realize all the work was worth it when you will enjoy the hot shower. After reading the above steps, we hope you are able to install an electric tankless water heater. Ensure that you follow all the steps and buy the best tankless hot water heater available in the market. You can also install a gas tankless water heater as it gives an endless supply of hot water and you can skip the headache to store hot water in the tank.
A List of A Few Tips to Consider While Installing The Water Heater
- Make sure that you have adequate amps to run the water heater without any hassle. You may also need three circuits in the circuit box, so it is suggested that you have all the necessary things before you start installing the water heater.
- Before you venture into buying the best tankless hot water heater, ensure that you buy the one that connects to the standard power outlet.
- Prior to starting the process of installing the tankless water heater, ensure that you check with your area code enforcement as they will enlighten you about the rules and codes for the process.
- Don’t forget, to ensure that you have the required water pressure to operate the hot water heater.
- This is one of the most important tips, so it is highly suggested that you read the instruction manual properly before installing the water system. After reading the manual, you can start the installation and avoid making mistakes.
- If the electric tankless hot water heater requires a large supply line or if the warranty will expire if you don’t get it installed by a professional plumber, then don’t take the risk and get it installed only by an expert.
With all the above essential tips, warnings and steps of installing a tankless water heater, we hope our readers will not face any problems while installing it.